How To Apply American Lottery And Countries They Are Allowed To Apply.
The DV Lottery, officially known as the United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, offers individuals from certain countries the opportunity to apply for a chance to immigrate to the United States. The list of eligible countries for the program varies each year, based on the total number of immigrants from each country that have arrived in the United States in the previous five years. For the 2023 DV Lottery program, individuals from the countries listed below are eligible to apply:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark (including components and dependent areas overseas), Estonia, Finland, France (including components and dependent areas overseas), Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands (including components and dependent areas overseas), North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including components and dependent areas overseas), Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vatican City.
Australia (including components and dependent areas overseas), Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of, Nauru, New Zealand (including components and dependent areas overseas), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
It is worth noting that eligibility alone does not guarantee selection for a visa. The DV Lottery is a random selection process, and the number of visas available is limited.
HOW TO APPLY
The United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV Lottery) is a program that allows individuals from certain countries to apply for a chance to immigrate to the United States. The application process for the DV Lottery is free and done online. Here are the steps to apply:
- Check if you are eligible: The DV Lottery is open to individuals from certain countries who meet specific eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria change from year to year, so it is important to check the current eligibility criteria on the official DV Lottery website.
- Submit an application: The DV Lottery application is done online through the Department of State’s Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form. You will need to provide personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and country of birth, as well as a digital photo of yourself and any eligible family members who will be included in your application.
- Keep your confirmation number: After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation number. This number is important, as it is used to check the status of your application and to see if you have been selected for further processing.
- Wait for the results: The DV Lottery is conducted once a year, and the results are typically announced in May of the following year. You can check the status of your application on the official DV Lottery website using your confirmation number.
- If selected, complete additional steps: If you are selected for further processing, you will be required to complete additional steps, including a visa interview and medical examination.
It is important to note that the DV Lottery is a highly competitive program, and being selected does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Additionally, there are many scams and fraudulent websites that claim to offer assistance with the DV Lottery. To avoid scams, only use the official DV Lottery website and do not pay any fees to third-party websites or individuals.