Forestry Commission demobilises excavator in Atewa Forest
Following complaints of unlawful mining in the forest reserve, the Forestry Commission sent officers to the Atewa Forest on January 30. In fact, a mining activity was discovered, but according to officials, it was beyond the forest reserve.
The operation did, however, have an impact on a piece of the forest reserve, the officials said. The Commission stated in a news release released by the Chief Executive, John Allotey, that “No human was found at this area of the Forest Reserve.”
ALSO CHECK: Ghana free from sleeping sickness
“The Commission has demobilised all equipment detected in the forest reserve,” it said, adding that some equipment, including an excavator, had been discovered.
Operation Halt II and the Commission are collaborating to prevent any illicit mining in the forest reserve. In order to reclaim the area of the forest service that was impacted by the unlawful mining, it was promised that the required actions would be performed.
According to reports, the event was reported to the Kyebi District Police Command so that the offenders could be apprehended and the proper legal action could be done against them. The Commission reassures the public of its ongoing commitment to collaborate with all parties to protect the national forest reserves.
THANK YOU for constantly reading stories on Ghreact.com. Kindly like, follow, comment and SHARE stories on all social media platforms for more entertaining updates! Do you have content that you want to be featured on Ghreact.com? Reach out to us via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on WhatsApp at 0541505614.