Cause for the Kejetia market fire outbreak According to the Vice President.

Kejetia market was on fire due to trader cooking. According to the Vice President of the Republic of Ghana.

The new Kejetia market fire last week was started by a merchant cooking there, according to the Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, who claims to have gotten a briefing from the Ghana National Fire Service.

Dr. Bawumia claims that while the store owner was cooking, the gas cylinder she was using caught fire and spread to a nearby chemical shop, resulting in the destruction of 33 of the market’s 8,000 establishments.

ALSO CHECK:Kejetia market1 vendors “vehemently” condemn the facility’s prolonged closure.

Also, he said that the owner of the chemical store offers combustibles including gunpowder that burst, carbide, and turpentine.

The Ghana National Fire Service conducted a preliminary inquiry, according to the Vice President, and found this (GNFS)” the Vice President narrated.

“The fire officers told me that the fire was not sparked by an electrical issue but by the store owner cooking food inside her shop,” Dr. Bawumia remarked.

ALSO CHECK: Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu commends Mahama for gracing 2023 State of the Nation Address

In order to allow GNFS to undertake more investigations, the board of the new Kejetia Market, officially known as the Kumasi City Markets Limited, decided on March 19 that the facility should be shuttered for an additional week beginning on Monday, March 20.

Contrarily, the dealers have pledged to disobey the directive, claiming that such a move will adversely harm their operations.

The traders whose stores were unaffected, however, could return to the market tomorrow, March 21, 2023, according to the Vice President during his visit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *